Saturday, September 23, 2006

my birthday morning

I just woke up on my 28th birthday...woke up to a picture message from my sister, and I woke up under my lovely new pink quilt and both of those things cheered me...
as did last night at the strip club with katie and ali and walley and sarah and monica. I love that group of people. especially katie and ali for saving in the tunnel bar when I started to cry randomly (Birthday tears, I guess they are inevitable)
and for starting our own party on the steps until I recovered. and matt dineen! for randomly being there at the tunnel bar!
and rapping to jay-z with ali in the car on the way to anthonys!
So I think I feel good about it being my birthday. I'm sitting in my underwear listening to the mix I made myself for my birthday and playing around on the internet. I am not going to work. I do not care that my presents from my mom were lame and the rest of my family seems set on ignoring my birthday.
I'm gonna go get mochas with ali. katie is going to let me drag her to savers because she's nice that way. then I'm gonna come home and make a huge platter of sushi for my party. then there will be a party. I haven't had a party since I was 19, and that was pretty out of hand, but I'm going to be optimistic.
And, for the rest of the day, I'm gonna ignore anyone who is making me feel sad right now. And I need new underwear and earrings. It isn't a birthday without those things.

No comments: