Monday, January 26, 2009

Old School Surveyness...(afterall I wrote this one)

Since I am actually the author of this survey, and it makes my last totally insane post not the first one, here you go...

1. Three things you did today that you liked?
Took a beautiful walk at dusk, filled out that 25 questions thing on facebook and then wrote in my blog, did yoga and listened to music.

2. Three things you did today that you didn’t like?
That phone conversation, that coffee conversation, applying for jobs that I don’t want, essentially the things involving other people were bad and the things alone were good. Except beth and I had some awesome facebook comment conversation that warmed my heart.

3. What are you wearing?
Pink pj bottoms with horse silhouettes, white wife beater, ancient vintage brown hooded sweater with giant holes, braids.

4. What was your last meal?
Homemade by me last summer frozen spicy cilantro pesto with 365 butternut squash ravioli.

5. What did you wish it was?
That was pretty good, but maybe ideally it would have been a totally indulgent steak and potatoes and wine dinner with someone cute.

6. Five objects on/in your:
a. kitchen table: ceramic bird, dried pink tea roses, two plants, pair of black fingerless gloves reading “rise up with fists!!!”, my large sketchbook and various collage materials
bedside table: tiny plastic jesus and virgin mary figurines (mary glows in the dark), pile of books, pile of new yorker magazines, can of polar seltzer (pomegranate flavor), stone from cape cod reading “hope” from mum and barb’s wedding
fridge: chocolate bacon, cheap white wine, various chutneys and curry pastes, honey roasted peanut butter, coffee syrup (for coffee milk like in rhode island)

7. Reading/listening to/watching in the last three hours:
Reading: Stupid novel about maine I bought at the salvation army here in Greenfield for 75 cents, because I keep wanting to move to maine, listening: the mountain goats sunset tree, watching: mostly the laptop screen and dustyrose act like an idiot attacking things no one else can see.

8. You get inspired to leave right this minute on a road trip, from which you may never plan to return, what do you throw in the car:
Sketchbook, some magazines and old books for collage, glue, the laptop, my best cowboy boots and my motorcycle boots, my roughly three or five or eight favorite dresses, lots of tights and socks, an assortment of books I love pulled off the shelf at random, a couple of my precious objects (i.e. shot glasses, ceramic animals, toys) to remember who I was, dustyrose and all her favorite toys and feathers, lots of scarves and fingerless gloves, my Cusinart, a handful of shells, my tarot cards, whatever photos I can grab quickly.

9. Who did you talk to or text or see today (not including people who were at your work)
Saw Danielle, texted Beth, spoke to someone I really didn’t want to, some other internet communication.

10. Describe your environment right now (sight/sound/smell/light/taste):
Beautiful golden light I created here with lamps and objects, still listening to the Mountain Goats, always vaguely smells like garlic and butter and curry here.

11. What is that environment lacking?
Not that much. On some days I would say company, but right now I’m good solo. I stress, right now. Ask me in an hour.

12. Where are you going next?
No idea. Austin? Back to New Orleans? Nowhere? Onto a fishing boat?

13. A recent dream?
The Martha Stewart one where I had to wear a short skirt in order to work for her at a job involving cookie eating was awesome. I also recently dreamed I found really nice rug. It was blue, very blue. Seems random, but I remembered it very clearly and it was a happy dream. I’m still having reacquiring nightmares at the moment, I don’t want to talk about those.

14. First thing you do when waking up?
Right now, I panic, then calm down, go make tea, email friends for a while in order to feel human. Then do yoga.

15. Best very recent memory:
Diane’s party last Friday.

16. What do you want to learn to do right away?
Cook professionally. Learn knife skills.

17. Favorite things from all five senses:
Sight: sunset
Smell: butter, onion, and garlic
Taste: kissing
Feel: yarn of good quality while crocheting
Sound: country music

18. What do you want in life right now?
Less uncertainty. Less distrust. More love and openness.

19. If you want to talk to someone, do you call or text?
I text. Because I’m shy. And awkward on the phone, although lately I’ve been improving.

20. Would you rather have the love of your life last forever, or lots of important and meaningful relationships?
Both?

No comments: