Thursday, January 15, 2009

my (late) new years resolution

Yesterday I was talking over hot chocolates with some of my very dear friends about our new years' resolutions, and I realized that I hadn't made one yet...mostly because my life fell apart pretty much on December 30th. I guess at that moment I was resolving to continue on, that was all.
I did end up having a pretty special and wonderful and unexpected new years eve though.
Lots of unexpected delights have turned up here and there in my life lately...gorgeous early morning drives by myself through mountains, chocolate bacon and homemade toast with breakfast, trips to taco bell for ridiculous amounts of food, gifts of music I love love love and never heard through email, again, the hot tub in the snow, the way people happen to surprise you, support you, stick up for you, feed you, love you...
so my resolution, 2009:
to stop self editing. to be me around people, and not who they want (or I think they want) me to be. to remember that I am beautiful, and not be surprised when people tell me so.
To be open. To not let recent disasters and betrayals totally destroy my trust in people. To remember that there's a lot out there and that I enjoy my own company when I'm being myself and other people should too. To keep living for pleasure and enjoying delicious things and beautiful walks and all manner of sensual delights.

No comments: