Tuesday, August 26, 2008

calm before the storm

I think it was the most beautiful fall day ever today. Getting early up to take my walk before work, it was nice wearing my sweatshirt and it being all crisp and cozy and bright and shiny. I love new england falls, something in my heart just picks up and gets excited on days like today.

So much promise. So much hope. Anything could happen when the sky is that blue, and the greens are that green.

I'm writing this in the kitchen after work cooking my dinner and even though it's cold I opened the window because I love the feel of these very early fall nights. Sitting at the kitchen table drinking red wine and smelling/feeling/tasting the night air is, I don't know, cleansing? Exciting? Inspiring?

Today I met my small goals of remaining calm at work, even right up until the end with that woman in the cafe who had no idea how to use her $3000 brand new powerbook and thought she'd blame eliza and I. So we each had to stay an extra half hour late and explain the concept of internet. Or the "interweb" as she called it. We are the goddesses of patience.

I took a long walk on this beautiful morning. When I got home I made really good coffee and picked broccoli and tomatoes out of the garden for tonights dinner. I picked a bouquet of roses and gerber daisies for the kitchen table. I invented a smashing outfit of bright green, mustard yellow, purple, cowboy boots, and really good jeans. I got to work early with my best attitude. Whatever that means.

I keep trying to remember what I care about ever second, no matter what. I write in my journal and draw on breaks. I breathe. I look at trees. I take care of my garden. I stretch and dance and do little yoga things. Breathe, breathe, breathe.

And my animal card today was snake, transmutation and magic.

Magic.

No comments: