Thursday, January 18, 2007

Tomatoes, mittens, wool blankets, and snow.

I should write more. I know that using my myspace blog for self-improvement is kind of retarded, but I need to write things down, somewhere. So I can stop telling elaborate descriptions of things to myself in my head while I walk for three hours in the cold freezing my hands.

I am having this day of extreme ups and downs. I woke up so happy it was unbelievable. Actually, I also went to sleep that happy. That keeps happening lately. So my lows today weren't even real, I don't think. Just the product of overstimulation and twelve hours of drunkeness and bacon and sausage and french fries and creamed chipped beef. And having an astonishingly good time. And then coming home to a very silent, very grey day.

I am pretty content. But keep feeling melancholy at the same time.

Probably tired, and needing to eat more vegetables.

And melancholy for me always makes me notice details with great clarity. There was a day last week where I still felt so weak and unlike myself from being sick, and hearing Leonard Cohen's Famous Blue Raincoat at Haymarket changed the whole sense of the day for me.

And today: the surprisingly summer-like taste of a january tomato that shouldn't have tasted that good; the snugglyness of my new mittens on sale at jc penney for $3.29 and put immeadiately on my frozen fingers; the warmth underneath my favorite wool blanket; gold nail polish on sale at target; the beginnings of snow; and the pleasant surprise of a phone call while driving stupidly lost on a highway in the snow. And a date at Stop & Shop. Yes.

No comments: