Sunday, November 5, 2006

This will only be interesting to me, I think.

damn, I don't know if it's having four days off in a row or what (have I mentioned to any of you yet how amazing this is? once or twice?), but I am in a really good mood. Drinking coffee and reading and writing in the early afternoon after waking up late on a sunday. And I think I'm in one of those modes where I can finish a whole painting in one day.

I love late fall...
at least sunny chilly sunday afternoon when I don't have to work...
sleep late, wake up pleasantly, walk to stop & shop for coffee, read and write and hang out in my room, go for a walk, and then just when it's dusk head home and have a glass of wine and start looking at my collage materials and get to work.
While I really generally crave sushine in life, I paint best at night, so these short fall days where I sleep late and it's dark at five work out really well for me painting. They suck for pretty much everything else, but for painting? Perfect. Since I can't ever really get started until it's about dark....
I don't know, and there's just something I really really like about waking on these late fall afternoons with the gorgeous light and heading home around five kind of chilly and making art for the evening. Sort of my ideal work scenario...especially after two previous days off of fun and hijinks. Yeah.
Oh and I saw some art work I liked yesterday and some other things that were visually stimulating. It kind of felt like a collage of a day. So my brain is already doing the thing where I'm putting together visual puzzles and connections even while I sit and write this.
Yeah. Most boring blog ever. To anyone but me. Sorry. But I've had fun. That was kind of like a college exercise where you verbalize your motivation or your process or whatever. Yay me. I've been verbalized.

No comments: