Wednesday, February 28, 2007

If You Haven't Seen Me Lately (Art Notes)...

...it's because I've probably been sitting on the floor of my room gluing things together. Endlessly. I hang this show tomorrow, and that's good, because I am literally going crazy. I think.

I've been spending every night for way too many nights in a row staying up all night in my room sitting on the floor working on this set of paintings.

And this is the most personal work I have ever done ever.

So this is sort of like sitting around ripping open not-so-old, not-very-well healed scars over and over. Photographs, memories. Damn.

And listening to music and drinking wine and crying a lot.

Thanks so much to sarah sam and rin (some of my favoprite people) for picking me up and getting me to leave the house last night. Goth night has never been such a healthy thing. Love you guys very much. Y'all have no idea how much I needed human contact last night.

And thanks to brian tonight for the free wine to get me through one last night of this.

I have no idea if this work is even good. This is the first work I've done in ten years without my built in personal critic in the house. She would have put a stop to work this crazy personal and messy a long time ago.

My room looks insane. There is photographic imagery everywhere. And clothing. And wine bottles. And notes to myself. And jars of gel medium and water. I've been living in my bunny overalls and pink hooded sweatshirt (hood up at all times). Today I got up, excerised, worked for 8 1/2 hours, came home, and went straight to work. Today I have eaten one scone, way to much coffee, the free pistachios from the booth (thank you salt-free parrot), and a piece of cheese. I really need to try to stop and eat dinner. Since it's 12:04am now and all and I'm nowhere near ready for tomorrow.

I think after tonight I need to take a small break from either thinking about me or britney spears for a little while.

No comments: